Friday, October 10, 2008

1st draft: Past and Present... Future?

This is my first time using this blog. It is not so user-friendly though. (@_~) Well, I am not blaming the technology because it is there, developing. I hope that this blog will have some improvement from time to time. The person who created it can make it more user-friendly. I personally thank them for giving us the opportunity to share experiences and exchange opinions.

We had just celebrated Eid Fitri and I believe that everyone is still celebrating. It is the day for Muslim to celebrate after fasting for a month. It is our winning day. Once, it hits my mind on what I have achieved in these past 23 years. Yes, I know that it is not that long compared to my mother and father, but it helps me to plan for the future.

Previously, since my childhood till now, a woman I am, I have been through part and parcel of life. As everyone else, there are sweet experiences and not to forget the bitter ones which I consider as the sweetest. Why? It is because they taught me to discover the reality of life, to remind myself and to learn from them. I still remember that I was a rebellious child, could not agree much with my parents. The egocentrism inside me was very thick that I could not see the world as they viewed it. But now, all of that are coming back to me to proof that experiences teach a lot.

School--- the place that I am willing to exchange anything in within my power to be there again. It is a place where friendship starts to develop, a place where we only have to study without much worries of other responsibilities. When I first started my primary school years, it was in Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Methodist, Perak. I was there for four years. I was one of the advanced learners who made my teacher did not know how to cater my needs especially when I was in Standard 1. I was in different level with my classmates. However, I enjoyed learning but sometimes a little bit bored to learn something I already knew. I used to asked my father why my teacher did not know what to do with me. I always thought a teacher must know everything. My father said that the teacher was not creative and too lazy. Well, I did not know what to react but I enjoyed learning with my father. He knows me well. The most unforgettable memory was when I won a competition in creating the school's logo. I was in standard three at that time and I beat all of my seniors and juniors. However, did I really win the competition? When I looked back at it I will smile. It was all my father's effort. He did help in creating and colouring the logo. I still remember I was totally disagree with his idea and everything he taught me. But then, when I went to the school with the logo in my hand, every teacher that I passed by will praise the drawing. At first, I did not think so until I was announced as the winner. Starting from that point, however disagree I was with my father I will try to keep my mouth shut. I tried to accept that I was unexperienced little girl who was very stubborn.

Then, I started to experience abdominal pain when I was in Standard 4. After that, I moved to Kedah and schooling in Sekolah Kebangsaan Telok Kechai. I met lots of friends and till now we will have a gathering once a year. Back to my health condition, it was very painful that I cannot forget about it till now. I suffered for nearly ten years before the mystery solved. I have been through my secondary years with the pain and not to forget lots of happiness. There, I met my best friends, Illyanee, Anis and Mas. We are still best friends till now and if we have the opportunity we will gather. They have helped me a lot in getting through those hard years and they are the one who give me strength when I need them. Thank you guys.. ^_^

Now, I am a teacher trainee. Well, it is hard for me to believe previously but that what I will be. It is far away from my ambition but I am grateful. I think that I am born to be a teacher. I love to teach children. Looking forward to finish my study and be a teacher. However, I keep thinking of my future. Whether I will only be a teacher for the rest of my life or should I continue my study. One thing for sure, I want to open a restaurant. hehe I just love cooking and I have been dreaming about it a lot in these two years time. Maybe it is a sign or something but I surely would love to try.

What do you guys think?


13 comments:

  1. We all learn from our past. About the teacher, maybe it's a good lesson for you to not repeat the same thing as what she/he had done. I experienced the same thing too when I was in primary school, I became bored and ended up drawing doodles on a blank paper. Maybe you can explain more on you sickness and how it gives effect on you, spelling error: I always taught should I always thought

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are many things that we can learn from our past.experience can be our best teacher. we learnt a lot through the experience. it is good if the teacher know how to cater their students who was advanced from the other students. like what the education system abroad have been practice. it is such as waste when when we neglect and don't know how to handle this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with yagami. yes, it will change us to be a better person. i want to know more on how your teacher cant cater your need? in what way? ur story is interesting n i like it. i think ur dad is like my dad. he is really concern to me and pampered me so. hehe... its fun right? i am waiting ur elaboration on this thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is past helps us to prepare for the future.
    I think the essay could be more interesting if you describe more about the pain that you have suffered and i think that you might want to reorganize your story in of the paragraphs so that there will be a smooth flow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. from your story i would to say this is life. everyone will go through bitter sweet of their life. so as human with good thinking we should take that as expirience to improved ourself

    as a muslim we also will be testing by our god. so what ever happen we should go through with the patient and always remember Allah S.W.T.

    For your career now, try to think back what you want your teacher teach you and use it in your teaching process to make you a good teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. yup, i agree that life is like a wheel, sometimes u r on top of success, and sometimes u would fall down. experience is the best teacher, so dont worry they would teach u everytg. ur essay is good and easy to understand, but u may arange the point better ok, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your essay is clear and you have pointed out some important points in your life..some expressions..experiences teach us to face life..i acn see taht you have lots of things to tell..it would be nterestng if you can focus on one side or significant evnt that give the most meaningful experience in your life..iknow you can elaborate your storiy well. as for me..i have to improve my writing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, it would be nice if you can separate the first paragraph with the others. It does not related with your topic after all. Maybe you can post the first paragraph in other entry.

    For your writing, maybe there are a few grammatical mistakes. Maybe you can review it back and correct it for your second draft.
    That’s all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i agree wif hanmie

    i was quite confused why on earth u r complaining bout the blog and all of sudden u r talking bout the eid celebration

    .... la.. got PE class.. nnt i continue giving comments.. sayonara, mayonara, kayonara

    ReplyDelete
  11. for the first time, .....
    out of the world topic and context correlation.

    i couldn't really understand what were you trying to deliver in your writing, most of the points in your post isn't related and .. seems like a total failure in connecting the ideas together.

    another thing, keep your paragraph short and simple for the reader to read your post easily. most people won't read long post unless the post is interesting. keep searching the internet reading pattern and you will find that most people reading pattern will assemble the F letter. they tend to read less when they go through your looooonnnngggg paragraph.

    one last thing, be less formal. its not like you're writing your thesis or paperwork here, you're scribing about your own self. get real. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. first of all, sorry for my grammar mistakes coz i'm not so good in english anymore (if ever). well, as a technical IT person i agree that blogspot is not so user-friendly and i personally prefer wordpress. my blog is hosted by blogmas but powered by wordpress. by the way, why my blog link is not here? ::angry::

    anyway thanks for mentioning my name..it's such a great memories with u guys and yep,school is the place that I am willing to exchange anything in within my power to be there again. i miss every moment we had together...

    i'll never forget you
    wasurenai de anata no koto
    . : toYa-nYe : .

    ReplyDelete